Kneipping for the arms!
Suffering from tiredness at your desk?
“Afternoon fatigue” is a common phenomenon in the office. It occurs after your lunch break, when your digestive tract is very active and the end of the working day is not yet in sight. Tiredness and a lack of concentration do not only have an unfortunate effect on your productivity, they can also be quite torturing for the mind! With this easy trick, you can refresh and energize your body and mind without having to go for heavy caffeine consumption.
“Truly get to know water and it will always be a reliable friend“ Sebastian Kneipp
And this is how it works:
- Find a large sink. (If it’s a small one, just do one arm after the other)
- Fill the sink with ice cold water.
- With bent elbows, slowly dunk your arms into the water until you reach the middle of your upper arm.
- Move your arms slightly whilst resting them in the water for about 30-40 seconds. Make sure that you breathe slowly.
- Remove your arms from the sink and wipe off the water with your hands. (We are working with the cooling effect of evaporation so don’t rub it off with a towel.) With your wet hands, softly stroke over your neck.
This exercise is very effective and can be used whenever you need it throughout the day!
- Energizes and reduces tiredness and concentration issues
- Activates the metabolism
- Improves the blood circulation in the heart muscle
- Strengthens the immune system of the upper airways.
Important: Do not do this exercise if you suffer from a heart disease!